Friday, August 12, 2011

Never Let Me Go 3: A Bit Confused

"Madame was afraid of us. But she was afraid of us in the same way someone might be afraid of spiders. We hadn't been ready for that." pg. 35

So far, this book has confused me a lot. I can't determine whether it is supposed to be realistic to our world or it takes place in an imaginary society.

I don't understand the concepts of Hailsham, the Exchanges and Sale, Madame's fear of the children, or why it's so important that the children don't question the processes. Right now, I just feel very out of the loop with this book. It's difficult for me to understand the things that are happening next when I don't really understand what happened previously.

I'm sure that my reading will all come together soon. I would just like it to clear up so that I can enjoy reading the rest of the novel rather than becoming frustrated and overwhelmed. However, it is a bit intriguing to read a book that is such a mystery to me. It makes me want to know more. I'm sure that as I uncover the answers to all my questions, I'll begin to enjoy reading the book more. Although I feel as though the author should have been more clear, maybe it's secretly a good thing that the book is confusing and odd.

No comments:

Post a Comment