Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Frankenstein: Let's Try That Again Since It Worked So Well the First Time

"'Begone! I do break my promise; never will I create another like yourself, equal in deformity and wickedness.'" pg. 122

Oh, okay Victor, I get where you're going with this. You're telling the monster go run off by himself again, knowing he will probably kill even more people. That makes sense. Oh wait! NO IT DOESN'T. Victor is a complete idiot. There, I said it. How could he not only let this creature escape by himself, but encourage him?! That obviously worked so well after he created him since William and Justine are dead now! I honestly feel no sympathy for this man who keeps repeating his own mistakes. And then, when Clerval dies, he tries to act like he had no control over it. He tries to make everyone feel bad for him, and does the whole "this is all my fault" routine. I don't think I've ever encountered a character that irks me to my core more than this man. As a compassionate being, I do feel a little bit bad that he's lost his friends, but that feeling is basically completely overshadowed by loathing of his idiocy and cowardice. I honestly think it would be better for him to live in a cave then ever return to society since he has proved to be nothing but a threat to the safety and happiness of others. First he abandons the creature, then he watches Justine die an innocent girl, then he promises the creature a mate and ends up being like "JK! Yeah right! There's no way I'm making you a mate, you disgusting piece of garbage!". OH! And then, he sends the creature off by himself, who in fit of rage that totally couldn't have been expected (sarcasm) kills his best friend. Needless to say, this man is a hazard to the people who surround him. He needs to stop feeling so bad for himself because he's lonely and realize that he's saving the world a whole lot of trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment